- Oslo, NOR
- Club / Team
- Heming IL: Oslo, NOR
- Higher education
- Medicine - University of Oslo: Norway
- She suffered from a respiratory infection in late 2016, which affected her into early 2017. (dagbladet.no, 02 Mar 2017)
In the last summer training session of 2009 she fell off her mountain bike and broke her jaw, fractured her elbow and back. (k-s.no, 29 Dec 2012)
Inflammation in both Achilles tendons led to surgery in June 2008. (Fischer, 26 Jun 2009)
- Why this sport?
- Her parents encouraged her to try the sport.
- Hero / Idol
- Norwegian biathlete Tora Berger. (NOC Media Guide, 2014)
- To compete at the 2018 Olympic Winter Games in Pyeongchang. (vg.no, 04 Aug 2017)
- Name of coach
- Dag Kaas [personal]; Roar Hjelmeset [national]
- When and where did you begin this sport?
- She began skiing at age three and joined her local ski club at age 10.
- Athlete, Student
- English, French, Norwegian, Spanish
- Other information
- RETIREMENT PLANS
She plans to retire from the sport in 2021 when she finishes her studies to become a doctor. "After the Olympics [in Pyeongchang], I need to dedicate myself more to studying if I want to become a doctor. I cannot divide my semesters like I did before. I really need to start focusing on studying if I want a profession like this. The Games in Pyeongchang will definitely be my last Olympic adventure."
(vg.no, 04 Aug 2017)
She has a gluten allergy. Her mother, who is a doctor, first noticed the signs of an allergy in 2012 and in conjunction with the team doctor sent her for tests. "It was like being completely empty even if you had eaten. Sometimes I had trouble keeping the food as well. It's not a good feeling and certainly not the way you want to go skiing." (vg.no, 07 Jan 2013)