- Marital status
- Banská Bystrica, SVK
- Club / Team
- VSC Dukla Banska Bystrica: Slovakia
- Higher education
- Law - University of Tyumen: Russia
- She had breathing problems and issues with her immune system during the 2016/17 season. (zoznam.sk, 16 Feb 2017, 01 Feb 2017)
In December 2009 she broke two bones in her left hand while training. She recovered in time to compete at the 2010 Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver. (NOC Media Guide, 2014; blogs.fasterskier.com, 13 Feb 2010)
- Famous relatives
- Her husband and coach Daniel Kuzmin has competed for Israel in cross-country skiing. Her brother Anton Shipulin has represented the Russian Federation in biathlon. (pluska.sk, 13 Feb 2017 ; NOC Media Guide, 2014)
- Why this sport?
- She first tried cross-country skiing but was not very successful, so her father advised her to begin biathlon.
- To win gold at the 2018 Olympic Winter Games in Pyeongchang. (sjz.sk, 06 Jan 2017)
- Awards and honours
- She was named Queen of the Slovak Biathlon Track in six consecutive years between 2009 and 2014. (NOC Media Guide, 2014)
She was named the 2010 Athlete of the Year by Slovak sports writers. (NOC Media Guide, 2014)
- Name of coach
- Anna Murinova [national]; Daniel Kuzmin [husband, personal], ISR
- When and where did you begin this sport?
- She took up the sport at age 14.
- English, Russian, Slovak
- Nastia (sjz.sk, 06 Jan 2017)
- Other information
- HISTORIC ACHIEVEMENTS
She became the first athlete representing Slovakia to win a gold medal at the Olympic Winter Games when she claimed gold in the 7.5km sprint at the 2010 Games in Vancouver. At the 2014 Games in Sochi she won her second Olympic gold medal in the 7.5km sprint. (SportsDeskOnline, 20 Jan 2018; people.com.cn, 14 Feb 2010)
FROM RUSSIA TO SLOVAKIA
Born in the Russian Federation, she began representing Slovakia in 2008. (NOC Media Guide, 2010)
She missed the 2014/15 season after becoming pregnant. She gave birth to her daughter Olivia in 2015, and returned to competition the following year. (sjz.sk, 06 Jan 2017)
- Husband Daniel Kuzmin, son Jelisej, daughter Olivia
- Other names
- Anastasyia Shipulina